HOLY MANUAL ACTION
This manual action has been the bane of my existence since *drumroll* August 23rd 2026.
But you must be wondering how I got myself into this mess, so let's start from the start.
I was born 1st Febru.. maybe not thaaaat far back..
I started working at this startup in 2025, started off in SEO/Content, climbed the ranks to influencer marketing, project management, outreach and finally affiliate marketing (where I made the organization 25K in a little over a month btw) and then at the peak of my career there, I left
But that's not the funny part, the funny part is that I went back - and not only did I go back, but I went back when sh*t was goin down!
The company was, ok - but none of the people I worked with 2 months ago were there, everyone was in an ACTIVE mission to ruin the other to ensure they remained safe, oh and I forgot to mention they went on a downsizing spree - but not the downsizing spree that changed everything.
After all that I took a breather and was moved back to SEO to "lead" the department - funny how that works considering - nevermind, that's a story for another day.
Anyway, less than 3 months in, half my team is slashed despite fighting for them for WEEKS and I have no choice but to give in, in the same spree, 40 people are laid off and I'm in emotional turmoil, nothing is going right and I feel sick.
WELL I WAS SICK!?
Got diagnosed with PCOS, asked to not stress, eat well and exercise - well how do you do all that when you're bacially on reality TV elimination day every 3 months regardless of who you are and what you do.
All this, in a matter of a week. I got to work Monday morning hoping to start fresh, worry less and work hard and BAM - Manual Action
All traffic and clicks to the site slashed to little to nothing and everything is a blur like I'd been hit in the head with a metal rod - you know the one
And everything ever since, has been a blur. 2 weeks of content revamps, all down the drain because today, Google notified us that they didn't, infact, reconsider our reconsideration request. 
So now what?
Well, now we block the entire path and hope for the best, or maybe another round of revamps, I'm too messed up to think, but if this post finds you - know that you're not alone and we'll get through this
PS: if you got out please reach out and if I do first I swear I'll add an update

Comments
Post a Comment